Wed, 6 June 2018
- Dean Fisher Headline interview. 53 years of jumping. 50 years of instructing. Wow.
- Paul Mayer discusses the impending sale of Bedford Bodyflight
- Dan BC School of Hard Knocks and, wow, it's a good one.
- Front Cover by Harry Shanker at the Zion Freefly Name and Shame Boogie in Skydive Athens
- Karim Shokrae Book Club. He recommends ‘You Are Not So Smart’ by David McRaney, and ‘Thinking Fast and Slow’ by Daniel Kahneman
- Back Cover of Emily Sugars and Jason Hobbs over Skydive Langar taken by Ming Chu. Jason had a two out scenario on a later jump
- We replay our best Easter Egg. The Jumping (shipping) Forecast, created and recorded by Tash the legend.
- Crystal has a list. It's called CrystalsList.org and it covers all the boogies in the USofA. Nothing in Europe though. Meh.
- Cilliers trial ends with a guilty verdict. Caught him bang to rights.
- Plane crash at IPC. :-(
- The darker side of our sport is recognised.
- If you have been affected by any of the things discussed in tonight's episode, you may wish to speak to the Samaritans. It’s free, just call 116 123 in the UK or ROI.
- Langar's old 206 rises from the ashes and is getting a turbine upgrade
- Mission Impossible: Fallout features a raft of UK skydivers
- Congrats to Emma and Adam, Zoe and Graham for getting married and Ally Milne for not getting married. (10,000 jumps though. woop. woop)
- Reader emails from Gilaad and Bejay.
- Paul Rimmington audio message. He enjoyed Brian’s bigway camp in Klatovy. Can you tell?
- Craig (pedant #3) is trolled by Brian
- Brian, Tash and Craig think it would be funny to troll Martin Soulsby, Chair of the British Outdoor Skydiving Board of Directors at the next meeting.
- Brian describes tracking through the burble of an opening canopy with surprising nonchalance.
- Brian lost a glove. Found it. Lost it again. On three consecutive jumps. Annoying. But quite boring too.
- Craig takes a flight in a Rapide. #oldskool
- Craig goes to Buckingham Palace but has to make do with Charles, Camilla, Harry and Meghan.
- Tash went to Voss. But got snowed in at home.
- Tash attends a CF camp in the UK.
- Rai is too busy to show up.
- We hope you enjoy all 3hrs 33mins and 33seconds. :-)
- If you don’t, unlucky. x
Direct download: RSUK50_2018-06-04.mp3
-- posted at: 8:31pm UTC